IGY Marinas is to host its inaugural Million Dollar Sportfish Challenge! The IGFA all-tackle world record catch contest takes place from select marinas in their marina network and runs from May through December 2013, with registered anglers vying for a million-dollar prize.
IGY Marinas is inviting anglers from all over the world to participate in the challenge and fish the designated waters for the ultimate IGFA all-tackle record breaker.
Marinas in the group are home to a number of top nationwide sportfishing tournaments, and the company sees this contest as an opportunity to give back to the anglers that have used the marinas for so many years.
Destinations chosen for the sportfish challenge include company owned marinas as well as its marinas under management agreements. The following destinations are participating marinas in the Million Dollar Sportfish Challenge:
- American Yacht Harbor – St. Thomas, USVI
- Montauk Yacht Club – New York, NY
- Blue Haven Marina -Turks & Caicos
- La Amada Marina – Cancun, Mexico
- Marina Cabo San Lucas – Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- Rodney Bay Marina – St. Lucia, WI