The organisers of the Palma International Yachting Forum have revealed their line-up of chairpersons, specialist contributors and plenary session adjudicators. These “stars” will lead
These yachting industry professionals will lead the three days topical interaction and networking event.
The task of Lead Adjudicator will be shared by two women.
The first, Brussels-based Mirna Cieniewicz, current Secretary General of the European Boating Industry.
The second is Kate Mentink, a lady of local renown who juggles roles as board member of Mallorca’s ruling Partido Popular and Assistant Director of the Centro Baleares Europa.
Amongst the Palma International Yachting Forum’s specialist contributors are:
- John Wyborn, Training Director of Bluewater Yachting
- Andy Roy, Chairman of the Isle of Man Yacht Forum
- David Capps, Chairman of Jersey Maritime International
- Jaime Veiga, from the European Maritime Safety Agency
- Ken Hickling President of the International Superyacht Society (ISS),
- Robert Aldous, Managing Director Fireboy-Xintex Ltd
- Lynn Walker, Marine Operations Director of Safezone International Ltd.
Forum organiser Peter Franklin says “Whilst topics may be detailed and complex, the atmosphere will remain informal with plenty of time for questions and plenary sessions. This Forum will be the ideal season opener, a must attend.”
Throughout the three day Forum we will cover
- Maritime Labour Convention and its application
- Tax and pensions
- Crew insurance
- Coatings and antifoulings
- Fire and safety onboard
- Yacht ownership structures
- Finance, taxation
- How best to communicate the job creation and revenue generation afforded by the superyacht industry.
The Palma International Yachting Forum runs from 1 to 3 May 2013, concurrently with the 30th Palma International Boat Show of 1 to 5 May. Outside of Forum session hours, delegates will be able to avail themselves of networking lunches, cocktail receptions and a paella dinner. Another Forum highlight will be a friendly one-day golf competition and the chance to experience a unique “Rib, Ride ‘n’ Rotor” Rally