Following a recent tour of the Far East by the award-winning superyacht Helix, a Chinese client requested a similar-sized vessel that would also include a helicopter deck.
Feadship immediately designed and engineered this option and presented it for approval in a timely manner. Construction is now commencing to ensure the delivery before the Chinese New Year in 2013.
It maybe that with this contract Feadship has become the first Western shipyard to sell a new-built 45m superyacht to an owner from the People’s Republic of China.
For decades, Feadship has led the way not only in the design and construction of premium custom motoryachts, but also in introducing these standards of excellence to new markets. Feadship was also the first European yard to break into South America in the 1930s, the US in the 1950s and the Middle East in the 1970s. Having also previously delivered yachts to clients across the Far East, Feadship will now provide the first superyacht to an owner in mainland China.
Helix will continue her Asia tour. She is available for an owner looking to instantly set sail in a brand-new yacht.
Helix will provide her owners with the joy of watersports via a wide range of toys launched from the beach club. This is combined with comfortable lounging on three decks that each offer stunning views.
- Length overall: 44.65m 146’6”
- Beam overall: 9.20m 30’2”
- Draught (loaded): 2.70m 8’10”
- Main engines: 2x MTU 12V2000M70 – 788 kW / 1055 bhp
- Generators: 2x Caterpillar C9 – 146kW / 1500 rpm
- Stabilisers: VT Naiad Marine zero-speed stabilisers
- Max. speed: 14.5 knots
- Range: Transatlantic
- Fuel capacity: 40,450 litres 10,650 US Gallons
- Fresh water capacity: 10,000 litres 2,600 US Gallons
- Naval Architect: Feadship De Voogt Naval Architects
- Exterior styling: Feadship / Sinot Yacht Design
- Interior design: Bannenberg & Rowell Design / Sinot Yacht Design
- Owner: Owner’s stateroom with separate bathroom and dressing room
- Guests: 2 guests in owner’s lounge; 8 guests in four guest staterooms
- Crew: 8 crew in 4 crew cabins; 2 in captains cabin.