Smart Yachts Event Launched in Monaco

Smart Yachts networking sessions,

A new even focusing on Smart Yachts will take place in Monaco during March 2023

An industry in the throes of, the Luxury Yacht industry is transforming and is gung-ho on establishing its eco friendly credentials

Following success of its Monaco Smart & Sustainable Marina Rendezvous last year, M3 (, The Monegasque consultancy Monaco Marina Management (M3) who specialise in eco-marina development now seeks to promote sustainable solutions for superyachts.

Their plan is to launch the first Monaco Smart Yacht Rendezvous.  This networking event will take place 23-24 March 2023 at Yacht Club de Monaco during Monaco Ocean Week, culminating in the Smart Innovative Yacht Awards.

Jose Marco Casellini, CEO of M3 has estimated that on average yachts spend 80% of their time quayside and most of the rest of the 20% at anchor, suggesting most yachts are never used.  He says, “It is imperative to involve the entire ecosystem to make it more virtuous by encouraging exchanges and bringing on innovations that can effect major changes to the industry.”

To drive the energy transition, this Smart Yachts networking event offers an opportunity for owners and players in the industry to discover the technical challenges that need to be overcome and facilitate new partnerships, particularly in the circular economy.

An ambition that is all the more necessary as the industry generates significant revenues: €8 billion today set to rise to €13 billion in 2030 (Source: Grand View Research).

The whole life cycle of superyachts will be addressed from R&D to usage, maintenance and finance. Topics up for discussion include new propulsion solutions, eco-friendly materials, optimising fuel consumption, water management, connectivity and security.

The Smart Yachts rendezvous is supported by the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation, Credit Suisse and the expertise of innovation for a sustainable economy specialist, Blumorpho.

An online Smart Yachts session is scheduled for 12th January 2023 at 5.00pm, with Paris Baloumis, Group Marketing Director of the Dutch yacht builders Oceanco. 

Smart Yachts networking sessions, workshops, presentations and the exhibition area

The objective behind the Smart Yachts networking sessions, workshops, presentations and the exhibition area has multiple facets, not least the fact that naval architects, owners, captains and shipyards can learn, exchange and meet with investors, startups, scale ups and innovative companies.

Those from the latter three groups are selected to participate and will appear in an E-Catalogue with a short presentation on their innovative solutions applicable to yachts.

The ultimate aim of the process is to present a Smart Innovative Yacht Award for the most intelligent and most eco-responsible solution in three categories 

  • Startups
  • Scale ups
  • Companies

These three awards will be announced at the end on Friday 24th March.

The Jury will select the winners of the Smart Innovative Yacht Awards, presented on 24th March 2023.