First they were named one of the World’s Best Small-Ship Ocean Cruise Lines then Quark Expeditions landed gold in the
‘Small Cruise Ship’ Magellan Award.
Now as if that were not enough, they have been nominated for three more prestigious honours in the 23rd annual World Travel Awards.
The adventure travel company is in the running for the
- World’s Leading Polar Expedition Operator
- World’s Leading Small Ships Cruise Line
- World’s Leading Specialist Cruise Line awards
Founded by two adventurers after a pioneering 1991 North Pole expedition, Quark has since guided thousands of travellers to the most remote and pristine corners of the planet.
Long recognized as a trailblazer in the polar expeditions arena, the company was the first to circumnavigate Antarctica with passengers
in 1997 and then the Arctic Ocean in 1999. It became the first to confirm the most northerly emperor penguin rookery near Snow Hill in the Weddell Sea, Antarctica, and was the first to launch Carbon Neutral voyages to Antarctica.
The boutique cruise line operator is no stranger to award winning. In the recent past they have scooped accolades have included
- World’s Leading Specialist Cruise Line
- World Travel Awards in 2014 and 2015
- World Travel Awards Best Small Cruise Line
- Travel Weekly’s Gold Magellan Award in 2015
- World’s Best Cruises for Arctic Icebreaker Expedition
- Ultimate Northwest Passage
- Fodor’s Travel Guides Award
- Best Small-Ship Ocean Cruise Lines Award
- Travel + Leisure Annual Award