The 13th edition of the Fraser Yachts Captains’ Dinner was held at the Monaco Yacht Club. The Dinner is an annual event to thank the Captains and crew who work so hard for their guests throughout the year.
Guests were welcomed by a champagne reception before the short awards ceremony took place. After a brief welcome and thank you from Fabio Ermetto, the new Chairman of Fraser Yachts, the winners were announced by Patrick Coote who made his last public appearance on behalf of Fraser Yachts.
The prizes were donated by generous sponsors and included:
- A Marine Chronometre Manufacture from Ulysse Nardin
- 2 weeks free berthing and a weekend trip to Barcelona by Vilanova Grand Marina
- Dinner for two at the Alain Ducasse restaurant Le Louis XV, by SMART technology
- 1,000USD travel voucher from Global Marine Travel
- 1 weeks free berthing at Vilanova Grand Marina,
- A Jeraboam from VSF and Chateau Miraval
- A bespoke playlist from Sound Purpose
This year it was Captain Watson de Silva from the motor yacht Paraffin, who won the coveted top award.
Based on feedback from charter guests and charter brokers Da Silva was noted as “a Captain who believes that “nothing is impossible”, not only does he operate one of the finest charter yachts afloat today, he is also “ready to go” anytime, anywhere. These are the perfect ingredients for a successful charter season”.
Further prizes including a 1The crew of the brand new motor yacht Ulysses won the prize for Best Charter Crew over 50m, during their very first charter season this crew was recommended for “being like a SWAT team; highly trained, ready to go and always prepared for anything”.
The Best Charter Crew under 50m went to motor yacht Kai after repeatedly scoring 10/10 on all the feedback forms, and “One Charter Broker has been so impressed by their clients, reviews that they’ve repeat‐ booked the yacht 4 times!