Ensuring that they are on time and ready for display the 44 metre Checkmate has arrived in the USA where she will make her US show time debut at the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show 2013.
Checkmate – hull number BV018 – is the 15th yacht built in the Benetti Vision line. Her imposing yet streamlined profile, along with her unusual black livery befits her name.
She has built for owners who plan to charter her this winter in the Caribbean, she is the 100th fibreglass yacht to have been built by Benetti in Viareggio since 1998
Her contemporary chic Francois Zuretti interior is both rich and sober, with a combination of cherry and Burr Madrona woods, neoclassical dark inlays enhanced by marble – the definitive confirmation of their skill.
She has accommodation for 10/12 guests in 5 stunning staterooms. On-deck Master Suite offers incredible 180 degree panoramic views and natural light. Guest accommodations have massive windows to enjoy the beautiful scenery while underway or at anchor
At almost 44 metres overall with a beam of over 9 metres, she is equipped with twin 1,300 HP Caterpillar engines, delivering a top speed of 15 knots and a cruising range of over 3,500 nautical miles. She is fitted with Zero Speed Stabilisers
Her sky lounge on the Bridge Deck is one of her most impressive features: The aft doors slide away to create an incredible 270 degree alfresco dining experience.
Massive toy free Sun Deck is equipped with a day head and while the sun deck maybe clear of toys the garage carries an array of water toys for the most ardent of water sport enthusiast!
- Construction material GRP
- Length Overall 43.6 m – 143’ 1’’
- Maximum Beam 9.26 m – 30’ 4’’
- Maximum Draft 2.72 m – 8’ 11’’
- Displacement at Full Load 390 t
- Fuel Capacity 60.000 litres
- Water Capacity 9.500 litres
- Propulsion 2 x CAT C32 Acert
- Power 1300HP, 970 kW @ 1,800 rpm
- Maximum Speed 15 knots
- Cruising Speed 14 knots
- Cruising Range at 12 knots 3,500 nautical miles
- Generators Kohler 2 x 125 kW
- Bow Thrusters VT Naiad Marine 77 kW
- Stabilisers VT Naiad Marine
- Propellers Benetti Design
- Guest Berths 10 guests
- Crew Berths 9 crew
- Classification ABS Malta Cross A1 Yacht
- Compliancy LY2
- Styling & External concept Stefano Righini
- Interior Design François Zuretti
- Shipyard Benetti Yachts