Run by the US Superyacht Association the Captains’ Briefing is a two-day extended seminar to be held at The Yacht Club at Isle de Sol on the island of Sint Maarten in the Caribbean
Program highlights include Security Presentations & Exercises and US Entry and Flag State Audits, all of which accompany a Certificate of Completion. Nightly cocktail parties are planned as well.
The two-day event schedule is as follows:
Wednesday, January 16th 2pm to 5pm
- Welcome to St. Maarten, Prime Minister Address
- U.S. Coast Guard Security Initiatives in the Caribbean Basin
- USCG Admiral Baumgarten
- Weapons onboard your vessel: Overview of international laws, regulations, and considerations
- Situational Awareness and security technology: How technology can help you improve your awareness
- How ISPS/SOLAS affect security decisions: International regulations and their implications to your security plans.
Thursday January 17th: 2pm to 5pm
- Welcome to St. Maarten: John Mann, Chairman USSA
- STCW Manila Amendments: How its implementation will affect your license and crew certification
- Come See U.S.: Cruising the U.S. this summer? Get updates on how the USSA is making it easier for boats to come and cruise the U.S. waters.
- Port State Control and Flag State Audits/Paris MOU: Common deficiencies that can cause your boat compliance issues.
- MLC Update: What’s happening with the implementation?
- Destination U.S. West Coast and America’s Cup events update
Evening: Cocktail reception
- IGY Marinas
- Yacht Chandlers
- Crown Bay Marina
- National Marine Suppliers
- Palm Harbor Marina
- The Maritime Security Council
For more information, contact the USSA at +1 954 792 8666 or firstname.lastname@example.org.