Winners of the Asia Boating Awards, organised by Asia-Pacific Boating and China Boating are chosen by an independent panel of industry experts familiar with the yachting scene of Asia and internationally. We are immensely proud that we are included in that panel of Judges.
A plurality of votes determines the winners from a shortlist voted on by readers of Asia-Pacific Boating and China Boating magazines.
Then Asian yacht builders and international yacht brands mingle with Hong Kong and China’s elite in a glamorous occasion to mark the end of the Asia Boat Show Season
The 8th Asia Boating Awards were held this year at the prestigious Grand Hyatt Hotel Ballroom in Hong Kong, offered big wins to the best of the best in the Asian luxury yachting scene.
The Asia Boating Awards, the most acknowledged awards in the Asian marine industry, is a night that Asia-based yacht builders can bask in the limelight and enjoy some well-deserved attention. Facing up to tough international competition, McConaghy’s Boats, which recently launched the fantastic and fully-custom yacht Adastra from its China yard, took home the prize for Best Yacht Design of the Year, against a field of competitors that included some of the best names in the business.
Hong Kong/South China superyacht builder Kingship and Taiwan yacht builder Horizon were recognised by the panel of judges as the best Asian yacht builders in their categories. For the first-ever awarded prize for Best Asia Built Yacht, the winner was IAG Yachts of Zhuhai for their Italian-styled Electra 100’.
Dutch brands dominated the international large yacht categories, with Feadship and Heesen taking the awards this year for best custom and best semi-custom yachts. UK builder Sunseeker took home the prize for its new 28-metre yacht in the Best Production Motor Yacht Category (24m-40m), which features new wraparound windows in a big departure from the traditional Sunseeker look.
Singapore’s One°15 Marina Club walked off with Best Asian Marina of the Year, beating tough competition from the new Serenity Marina in Sanya, China. Locally, the Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club received double honours, first as Best Asian Yacht Club of the Year, and for its staging of the China Coast Regatta, which won for Best Asian Regatta of the Year.
In addition to the many industry VIPs in attendance at the black tie gala dinner, there were numerous guests of honour at the event
The Winners of the 2012 Asia Boating Awards
- Best Asian Yacht Builder (30m and up) Kingship, Hong Kong
- Best Asian Yacht Builder (15m-30m) Horizon, Taiwan
- Best Asian Built Yacht IAG Yachts, Electra 100′, China
- Best Custom Built Yacht Feadship, Musashi, The Netherlands
- Best Semi Custom Built Yacht (30m and up)
- Heesen Yachts, Satori, The Netherlands
- Best Production Motor Yacht (24m-40m) Sunseeker, Sunseeker 28 Metre, UK
- Best Production Motor Yacht (15m-24m) Riva, 75’ Venere Super, Italy
- Best Production Sailing Yacht (15m-30m) Oyster Marine Ltd, Oyster 625, UK
- Best Production Sailing Yacht (up to 15m) Beneteau, Oceanis 48, France
- Asian Marina of the Year ONE°15 Marina Club, Singapore
- Asian Yacht Club of the Year Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club, Hong Kong
- Asian Regatta of the Year China Coast Regatta
- Asia-based Charter Yacht of the Year Picchiotti Vitruvius Exuma 50m, Italy
- Personality of the Year Y P Loke, Singapore
- Print Ad of the Year Lürssen
- Best Yacht Design of the Year McConaghy Boats, Adastra, China
- Best Yacht Designer in Asia of the Year Axis Yacht Design Group, Italy
- Best Asia-based Charter Company Simpson Marine, Hong Kong
- Best Brand Presence in Asia Azimut-Benetti, Italy