Launching superyachts can be fickle occasions but fortunately this time the rain held off for the launching, speeches and champagne blessing of Loretta Anne.
The 47 metre superyacht wise hull number is AY43 is the 12th motoryacht to be built by Alloy Yachts in New Zealand and their largest to date.
She is of a similar design as an earlier Loretta Anne built as Allogante in 2009.
This yacht for the same owner is seven-metres longer and has a draught of 2.6 metres which will allow her owner to keep her in The Bahamas.
Designed by Dubois Naval Architects she has an interior from the Don Starkey studio that offers accomadtaion for 10 in an Owner’s stateroom plus four guest cabins.
She features a large flybridge and sun deck that can partially enclosed by automatic glass screens windows. On the same deck there is there is a spa pool and a gymnasium.
- LOA: 47 M
- LWL: 41.73 M
- Beam: 9.19 M
- Draught: 2.6
- Displacement: 330 tonnes
- Main Engines: 2 x Caterpillar C32 ‘D’
- Output: 2 x 1600hp
- Bow/Stern Thrusters: Alloy Yachts / ABT TRAC II 140hp
- Generators: 2 x Caterpillar C6.6 100kw
- Stabilisers: ABT TRAC 4 fin with at rest stabilisation
- Fuel: 54,000 litres
- Water: 12,000 litres
- Designer: Dubois Naval Architects
- Interior Designer: Donald Starkey Designs
- Classification: Lloyds Register of Shipping
- Compliancy: MCA LY2
- Builder: Alloy Yachts
- Year of launching: 2012