Photo credit: Giovanni Romero
Heesen Yachts in Holland have delivered Satori, the first in the new 50 metre semi-displacement class after sea trials in the North Sea.
With a Gross Tonnage of 499 GT and a top speed of 24 knots she is among the world’s fastest 50metre yachts.
Built on the experience of launching seventeen custom yachts between 44 and 47metres, the hull of this new 50 metre is said to be the most efficient on the market.
In consultation with Van Oossanen Associates, the shipyard’s in-house naval architects created a highly efficient hard-chine hull. When combined with weight reduction expertise and a pair of high power-to-weight ratio MTU 2.720kW engines, Satori delivers both a good top speed as well as a very economical fuel burn, giving a particularly long range of 3.200 NM at 12 knots.
Frank Laupman from Omega Architects designed the clean lines of this new 50metre semi-displacement: The owner appointed the award-winning French designer, Rémi Tessier to create the elegant interior.
- LOA: 49,80 m
- Beam (maximum): 9,00 m
- Draught (loaded): 2,65 m
- Naval Architecture: Heesen Yachts / VOA
- Exterior Styling: Omega Architects
- Displacement (half load): 300 tons
- Fuel capacity: 68.800 litres
- Fresh Water capacity: 16.200 litres
- Gross Tonnage: less than 500 GT
- Speed (maximum/cruise): 24 knots
- Range: 3.200 NM at 12 knots
- Classifications: ABS A1 Commercial Yachting Service, AMS
- Compliancy: MCA / LY2
- Main engines: 2 x MTU 16V4000M90, diesel driving
- Propulsion: 2 x Schaffran five-blade fixed pitch, propellers Ø 1.450 mm